As part of continued growth and strategy to be the leader in their sector, our client is seeking an Editor to join their London based team.
As Editor, you will be responsible for a successful monthly journal plus additional supplements which will typically be six or seven per year. This is a highly commercial role and requires a self-starter who is able to work in a collaboratively with clients and colleagues both face to face and via email and telephone. It’s a supportive environment and offers a genuine opportunity for long term career progression.
Your responsibilities as Editor will include but are not limited to:
• Overall responsibility for the editorial process and associated projects and the quality of the output
• Sub-editing, commissioning articles and managing the peer review process
• Working closely with clients, the sales team, marketing and the editorial board
• Acting as the face of the publication, attending events, networking and developing the brand
The desired skills to execute the role of Editor include:
• Demonstrable experience gained in an editorial role ideally with some knowledge of sponsored content
• Good project management skills and the energy to take on a challenging work load
• Strong commercial acumen as well as an interest in healthcare or science
• First class communication skills and the ability to influence and persuade
In return, our client is offering a salary of £28,000 – £30,000 plus benefits including company pension and ongoing career development. This is an excellent opportunity to join a family owned, supportive and dedicated company where a long term career path is available.
If you feel that your skills meet the requirements of this London based Editor position and you would like to be considered for the role, please apply today.
To discuss other opportunities with our experienced sales and marketing consultants, why not get in touch with Tom, Liz or Donna with regards to your next career step.
We always receive a high volume of applicants, and are unfortunately unable to give individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within one week of your application, unfortunately on this occasion we have been unable to progress your interest. We’d love to keep your CV on file however, for future opportunities that may arise.
If you’d like to arrange an introductory call, to discuss your requirements contact us on 01223 813100 or email us on email@example.com.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or visit Greenhill Recruitment.